Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Up front, I am a big fan of Beretta but, I think it is weird to have the safety ahead of the trigger. I had a Browning B-80 many years ago with the safety in front of the trigger. At that time I believe the B-80 was built by Beretta. For hunting, the safety was troublesome to operate as birds flushed. I loved the gun otherwise. For what it is worth...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The B80 is basically a Beretta A303. I have no trouble with the safety in front of the trigger. I train with handguns in my line of work and rest my trigger finger outside of the trigger guard until I “go hot”. It was second nature for me to disengage the safety before transitioning to the trigger.

I don’t have any trouble with the safety on the SX4 or my VersaMax either though. Both of them are large enough to disengage with the inside of my trigger finger as I transition to the trigger. The only 20 gauge safety I had any trouble at all was the Sa-08. It’s too small to disengage with the inside of my finger, so I had to adjust my grip to push the safety off with the end of my finger, and readjust to shoot. It really wasn’t difficult to do though. No worse than pushing the safety off on the 870 I grew up hunting with.
Agreed, the B-80 was an A303 with a squared off receiver. The safety on the B-80 was just a little round button no more than half of the size of what Beretta uses today. It cost me a couple of grouse or at least that was my excuse. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts