Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the deal. I currently own a Mossberg 500 and an older Remington 1100. I recently went on a waterfowl hunt and I am hooked bad. :twisted: I simply love my 1100, but it is too purty for the abuse I would subject it to chasing the bigger birds. Plus it is older and will only use the 2.75 inch shells and has a fixed mod choke. The Mossie does fine for killing birds, but I much prefer shooting an Auto for the obvious reasons. I like having the advantage of 3" shells, but I don't really see the point in 3 1/2. Plus whatever I do get I would like to be able to bust clays with it and the occasional dove. Based on my experience with the 1100 I would opt for a new 11-87, but they are little out of my price range. I am considering the Mossie 930 or the Stoeger M2000. Again I would be using the gun for waterfowl, dove, and clay. I would appreciate your thoughts and any experience you have had with either gun.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Find a used Remington 11-87, Beretta AL390, 303 or 391. You might also find a used Browning Gold or Silver Hunter.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
You already have a love affair with the 1100. Time to try out the younger model. Used 11-87's are plentiful and not too much money...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I really like the Mossberg 930/935, I have one of each. I like the Mossbergs for a few reasons. .thumb tang safety, like my doubles and I'm a lefty, shim kit is nice to adjust fit. . even used a Dremel tool to put cast on.

I only have about 500 rounds through the 930, but it is a good solid gun. There are others on the board that have over 8,000 without a problem.

I sold my Stoeger M2000 to pick up the 930, it is a good gun as well, I just didn't shoot it that good and the safety is not reversable.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
If your already familiar with the controls of the Mossberg 500, get the 930, great reliabilty, there's another thread going where one guy has gone 3,000 with out cleaning and still no failures...

Smitty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts