Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went shooting today, and the Noble Sport 686's were getting poofy, off sounding, and some would not even open the action. Damn cold weather ❗ Switching to Winchester and Federal primers until spring time.

cdb

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Went shooting today, and the Noble Sport 686's were getting poofy, off sounding, and some would not even open the action. Damn cold weather ❗ Switching to Winchester and Federal primers until spring time.

cdb
I haven't been able to buy NS 686's in years.
Where are you getting them?
I could use them year round here in South Florida.
I can only get Cheddites now which is just fine with me.

·
Registered
21,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't been able to buy NS 686's in years.
Where are you getting them?
I could use them year round here in South Florida.
I can only get Cheddites now which is just fine with me.

Bought 60k of them probably 8+ years ago, they cost me $0 .018 each still have 21k left, definitely warm weather primers.

cdb

·
Registered
152 Posts
Shot a registered shoot at Sparta Oct 30, and it was in the 40's. Experienced 4 or 5 bloopers over the course of 300 rounds with NS 686. Got one broken target out of one that was so quiet I would've worried about the wad being stuck in the barrel (shows one doesn't need 1200 f/s to break them). They work well enough for warm weather, though.

·
Registered
21,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shot a registered shoot at Sparta Oct 30, and it was in the 40's. Experienced 4 or 5 bloopers over the course of 300 rounds with NS 686. Got one broken target out of one that was so quiet I would've worried about the wad being stuck in the barrel (shows one doesn't need 1200 f/s to break them). They work well enough for warm weather, though.

I usually quit loading them in September, but it was so warm in September and October, I loaded up 1,000 of them, but did not get to shoot all of them. It was in the upper 30's when I shot the 23rd, BIG mistake. I put the remaining shells on the shelf, and will bring them out in April when it gets warmer. They shoot great in the summer, and I don't have to use up my Federal, or Winchesters.

cdb

Reactions: F*W*F

·
Administrator
23,330 Posts
"Any load that misbehaves in cold weather, is not a good load in any temperature."
Said by my friend here, Mark
AKA: dogchaser37

Reactions: SanRemo32
1 - 6 of 6 Posts