Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: I have never hunted Goose and don't think I ever will. We bought one at the grocery one time. It weighed about 3 pounds. When my wife cooked it, we got 5 pounds of grease out of it. That cured me of ever wanting to go goose hunting. I think you are supposed to bake them on a pine plank and throw the goose away and eat the plank. Or was that the Carp recipe? For some reason the geese that land around here are sort of tame. They graze in my yard sometimes. You can drive up and stop and they won't take off. They just look and honk and graze. (and fertilize the grass)

·
Registered
155 Posts
The only goose that I have ever cooked was giant Canadas. They were wonderful and very little grease. All I did was salt, pepper and one can of sauerkraut in the cavity. Bake on 350 for about 4 to 5 hours.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
plucked, stuffed with apple/almond stuffing and slow roasted in the oven like a butterball.

·
2,390 Posts
Wild goose is not greasy like tame goose. We just stuff them with chunks of apples and oranges and roast. My in-laws generally don't care for wild game, but they love goose. I always try to have one for the holidays.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D You guys make it sound good. i might have to give it a try. The stuffings all sound like they are tasty. I read on the other goose thread how to clean one. Now that I know how to clean and cook that just leaves shooting one. I'll figure that one out. I will research goose hunting in this state and see where is a good place to go. I have a 12 ga with a 32 inch barrell so I have half the battle won. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
no no, if you have a 12 gauge with a 32" barrel AND geese walking around your front yard.... I think you have the battle fully won. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.