Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a Perazzi High Tech that he is wanting to sell, and I am thinking about buying it.
I already have a Zoli, that I don't shoot well and a Browning 725 that I do shoot pretty well with. It's a lot of money and I really don't need it...but it is a Perazzi.
I shot it last night and absolutely crushed the targets I used it on...I'm on the fence.
It's a used gun, low round count and well cared for, so I really can't lose any money...but it is a lot of money. I have the money and my wife gave me the okay...

So, to Perazzi or not to Perazzi, that is the question.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Seems all the parts necessary for making a good purchase are there; good fit, slightly used so big depreciation hit already taken, and even spousal approval.

·
Premium Member
11,274 Posts
Go for it :)

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
birdhunter39 said:
Seems all the parts necessary for making a good purchase are there; good fit, slightly used so big depreciation hit already taken, and even spousal approval.
Yes, but I have always said I would never spend that kind of money on a gun. That's what's holding me back.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sounds like you've got all of the major roadblocks out of the way. If it's a good deal, buy it...you only live once. If it turns out you don't like it, you can probably turn around and sell it for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mpolans said:
Sounds like you've got all of the major roadblocks out of the way. If it's a good deal, buy it...you only live once. If it turns out you don't like it, you can probably turn around and sell it for about the same price.
Yeah, but as I stated above...
I have always said I would never spend that kind of money on a gun. That's what's holding me back.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Do it. Do it now. Do it before you lose it.

And you knew darn well what advise you'd get from a bunch of shotgun nuts.;-)

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rooster booster said:
And you knew darn well what advise you'd get from a bunch of shotgun nuts.;-)
Yes I did!
That's why I posted...I need the extra push...It is a lot of money :shock:

·
Registered
24,439 Posts
Sell the Zoli to offset the cost

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oneounceload said:
Sell the Zoli to offset the cost
Been thinking about selling it for a while, it's hard because I wanted a Zoli for a long time before I bought it. It was supposed to be my "forever gun"...didn't work out that way.
My friend will bring the Perazzi to a shoot for me to use, that will tell the tale.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
To me there is not an obvious step up in quality from a Z sport to a Perazzi. But if the fit is near perfect as you describe then the decision is made.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I have said the same thing. I couldn't have imagined spending big money on a high end gun but as I get older my views on money and how I spend it have changed. I have not yet made that kind of move on a fine shotgun but it is certainly a possibility now.

Given all that you layout the only thing you really need to overcome is your ability to move past your prior statements about gun costs and recognize circumstances in life change. You can do that. If you like the gun, buy it and enjoy it. Move on from the zoli

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It is a lot of money.
You don't need it.
Once the new wears off, you may not shoot the HT any better than the Zoli.
If you are like about 2/3 of us, you shoot an auto better than an o/u anyway.

Now, with all of that out of the way, buy the d**d thing just because you want it. And, as others have said, Perazzi hold value well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ceh383 said:
mpolans said:
Yeah, but as I stated above...
I have always said I would never spend that kind of money on a gun. That's what's holding me back.
We've all told ourselves that lie. The great thing is that you've had the opportunity to shoot the Perazzi first. I've had tons of guns through life that I said I'd never part with. Most of those are gone. They're just useful tools and when they cease to be useful it's time to sell them and move on. After my dad passed I found out how little those items that were important to him were not useful to others. Buy the Perazzi, sell the zoli. Don't get attached to guns that serve no purpose. My opinion of course.

·
Registered
822 Posts
hardcast said:
Do it, you may never have another chance like this one.
This is where I am on it. I have had several guns I always wanted and bought them and ended up selling anyway. But I got the bug out of my system and no regrets.

Sell the Zoli too and if you don't like the Perazzi, you can always sell it.

Out of curiosity and me just being nosey, what is your friend asking? If you don't feel comfortable saying, can you give a range?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do it! I've kicked that can down the road for years, finally pulled the trigger. Sold my Zoli and bought a fixed choke perazzi and I'm loving it!!!! No regrets, always wanted a p gun and finally got it. Enjoy, you only live once!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Haven't seen a decent standard grade second hand HT under (around) ten five or eleven. So, we'll assume you're getting a good deal at 10. There's many a fine gun at that price point. Make sure you don't get the itch for a K80..Kolar..DT 11..Seitz..etc......before you commit.... :cry:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts