Shotgun Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
sera said:
quit fretting. Sell some of your wife's jewelry and get the darn thing.
Oh no, no, no, that would be a death sentence for me :shock:
JoM said:
The gun is the cheapest part of shooting and it looks like it isn't getting any better.
Well, that depends how much one shoots. It would be a good excuse to shoot more. I currently have about a five year supply of components on hand, hopefully that is enough to get thru this mess.
Multiflora said:
Zoli has one 'z'....Perazzi has two ....questioned resolved...enjoy the bluing off the Perazzi.
Best logic so far :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was in a similar boat. I fretted about the grail gun and really thought about it.
Did I have buyers remorse? No. You will eventually invest in a high dollar gun.

It is your destiny, Luke

It is also a hell of a lot of fun.

The only thing I will say is since you are at that level and you can buy a Kolar, Blaser, Krieghoff, DT 11 and of course the Perazzi, have you shot or swung all the other brands? Because if not, it is well worth doing so

Once I shot the mechanical triggers on a K80 that was it for me and I had to buy one.

This is just step one. You will need a clone of whatever you buy as a back up.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
bgnmi said:
The only thing I will say is since you are at that level and you can buy a Kolar, Blaser, Krieghoff, DT 11 and of course the Perazzi, have you shot or swung all the other brands? Because if not, it is well worth doing so
I've shot both a Krieghoff a DT11, the "K" gun felt very muzzle heavy to me, I just couldn't get it moving on fast close targets. The trigger is exceptional, but that is not enough for me. The DT11, I'll just say Beretta's and I don't get along very well at all.
I've handled a couple Blaser's never shot one, they didn't do anything for me, not my cup of tea.
Kolar, I don't know anyone that has one and when I've been to PSA they didn't have one to look at. Perhaps I will be missing out on a good gun, but at this price point, at a minimum I need to at least shoulder one several times in a store.

The "P" gun, I've shot it, I like the balance and the way it moves for me. I can't wait for next Sunday when I get to put thru a good test drive. After that I will make my decision whether to Perazzi or not to Perazzi.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track.

You may want to try a parcours model
Perazzi like handling with a mechanical trigger

·
Registered
887 Posts
Get it. You won't regret it and when you're done shooting it, you can get 80% or more of your money back.

No brainer.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Get it. You won't regret it and when you're done shooting it, you can get 80% or more of your money back.

No brainer.
I'm going to shoot it in an event tomorrow, that will tell the tale for me.
My heart says "buy it" my head says "shoot it to see if it works for me"
After the shoot I will decide if I want it, if I do, I will make an offer and see where it goes...

Reactions: hopper810

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Well, I shot the gun today, used on all stations but one, on that station I used my 725 and ran it. The gun was setup for the current owner, so the fit was not as good as it could be. That said, I ended up 7 birds off my personal best, all in all a good test drive. I missed some I should have hit and I smoked some of the longer targets, my reloads seem to work well in it. Everyone on the squad agreed I shot it well.
After the shooting was done we sat down and discussed the price. We came to an agreement, next week we will meet at an FFL to do the transfer.

Reactions: hopper810

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Congrats, look forward to pics!!!

Is he in a different state? I think in Md you can do face to face without FFL for long guns.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
Congrats, look forward to pics!!!

Is he in a different state? I think in Md you can do face to face without FFL for long guns.
I'll post some pics after I pick it up. Once we do the paperwork I'll have to go thru a 10 day waiting period, so it will be about 3 weeks.
No, he's about a 45 minute drive from me, we are both in CA, here everything has to go thru an FFL.

Gun laws in Kalifornistan suck...

Not that it matters much, the gun is less than 1 year old and only had about 500 shells thru it before this mornings shoot.
He found a similar gun with case coloring that he really liked so he bought it and this one didn't get used much.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
excited for you dude! 500 is nothing! personally don't care for the case coloring on P guns (or most for that matter), i think you got the better looking gun.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
excited for you dude! 500 is nothing! personally don't care for the case coloring on P guns (or most for that matter), i think you got the better looking gun.
Yeah, 500 is nothing, it's not even broken in yet. While I don't mind the case coloring or engraving, I just don't see it as worth the extra $$$. A gun is a tool, I would never pay extra for an engraved hammer.

On a different note, after thinking about it, I am very much impressed with how smoothly the gun openes and closes. I've heard people say it "locks up like a vault" While I never had an issue with the Zoli or Browning, this gun is at a different level in this regard. It just seems solid and very smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
So the deal is done!
This is what I bought...

Font Material property Rectangle Bumper Electric blue

Outerwear Hood Motor vehicle Grey Bag

Can't wait for the useless 10 day jail sentence to expire so I can put the gun in it :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Man that is cold! i was all excited to see it and scrolled down to an empty case!
LOL...
I really don't get the point of a 10 day waiting period, particularly with this type of gun. The dealer/FFL holder is in the parking lot of the club I belong to and I had my 725 inn the car. So what's the point of the hold?
Gun laws in this state are beyond stupid!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Not too many people running around shooting each other with a $15000 shotgun.
Nope, the only one I can think of is Dick Cheney :rolleyes:

61 - 80 of 91 Posts