Shotgun Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
If that's what you're after then Blaser is the only choice. You get that silvery worn look pretty quickly.
I wish that wasn’t true, but your right.
Personally I don’t worry about it, but it is a reality that even the most vehement Blaser fan must admit

·
Registered
40 Posts
So the deal is done!
This is what I bought...

View attachment 35526

View attachment 35527

Can't wait for the useless 10 day jail sentence to expire so I can put the gun in it :mad:

Seriously? How would they ever find out that the two of you engaged in a private economic transaction unless one of you squealed?

Personally, I'd encourage some civil disobedience next time. That's absolutely ridiculous.

I was going to make the same comment anyway when I saw your first post about "go to the FFL next week" but the 10 day waiting period is even worse. Geez.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Seriously? How would they ever find out that the two of you engaged in a private economic transaction unless one of you squealed?

Personally, I'd encourage some civil disobedience next time. That's absolutely ridiculous.

I was going to make the same comment anyway when I saw your first post about "go to the FFL next week" but the 10 day waiting period is even worse. Geez.
It's likely no one would ever find out. However, if they did, my friend and I would lose our right to keep and bear arms. The risk just isn't worth it to me.
Gun laws in Kalifornistan suck

·
Registered
63 Posts

Tell us about your machine gun, you know, the one without the tax stamp... The ultimate civil disobedience.
Yes, our gun laws suck, but aren't as bad as jail or losing your gun rights. It is what it is...

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
One question......what are you waiting for? Buy the Perazzi!!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It's likely no one would ever find out. However, if they did, my friend and I would lose our right to keep and bear arms. The risk just isn't worth it to me.
I'm with you. Not worth the risk for a 10 day wait. And it's not a secret if two people know it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tell us about your machine gun, you know, the one without the tax stamp... The ultimate civil disobedience.
Yes, our gun laws suck, but aren't as bad as jail or losing your gun rights. It is what it is...
You never "lose" your rights. You just get oppressed by government fools who want to rule over you if you'll let them.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You never "lose" your rights. You just get oppressed by government fools who want to rule over you if you'll let them.
well that's completely false.............people loose their gun rights all the time, by breaking the law, acquiring felony's, domestic abuse charges, sexual assault, etc etc etc.

Blanketed statements like that are dangerous to make, if the two parties agree that the risk isn't worth the reward, then yes 10 day wait period it s. I don't know about you, but I'd rather play the rules, then stand before a judge and explain why I didn't play by the rules.

10 days vs a lifetime of never being able to own a gun, let alone touch one..............pretty easy decision for me, and if the other party didn't want to go about it the legal way, and do the 10 day wait etc, and do the proper paperwork/process, then I would turn and walk away.

It's not illegal to own a gun in the state of California, they just ask that you go about it the right and legal way.

I have a duck hunting trip planned for late December early January in Northern Tahoe, I'm shipping my duck gun to a local duck/hunt club that is a FFL, and let me tell you about the process involved with that. While I don't agree with the process, it's better then the alternative.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Reactions: dogchaser37

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I'm with you. Not worth the risk for a 10 day wait. And it's not a secret if two people know it.
More than that, it's not going to keep me from shooting, I have several other guns I can shoot.
And, at 60 years old, I just don't need the possible hassles, and I've learned to be very patient.

10 days vs a lifetime of never being able to own a gun, let alone touch one..............pretty easy decision for me, and if the other party didn't want to go about it the legal way, and do the 10 day wait etc, and do the proper paperwork/process, then I would turn and walk away.

It's not illegal to own a gun in the state of California, they just ask that you go about it the right and legal way.
The gun laws here suck, no doubt about it, but they are the laws. I have no want or need to be a martyr in this battle.
I will, and do fight in any legal way I can for my rights.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I actually called the California Fish and Game yesterday because I had some questions about licenses for duck hunting, granted, I had to call 3 different numbers to get to someone, but it worked out, and the person I talked too was super nice and answered all of my questions.

Do California gun laws suck.........yeah no one here is going to argue in favor of them. Being patient is the key.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts