Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my older age recoil is becoming a problem-traded my 101 for a 1100 trap model,550-1 22 rifle what will shoot s,l or lr and 100 bucks boot.Don't think I got hurt==what do ya'll think????

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
No doubt the 1100 will lessen the recoil, and is a fine gun. I'm not familiar with the .22 model you mention, but .22's are great plinkin guns, and it's always nice to have one. The extra hundred bucks will buy you some ammo for both! Sounds like a fair trade.

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
Used 1100 trap model--$500 tops. Used Remington 550--maybe $125, plus $100= $725. Was your 101 in decent shape?

If the lessened recoil is worth it to you, then it is a good deal. If not, then it is a maybe.

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
If you are happy, it was a good deal, it makes no difference whatever what any of us thinks. Me, I wouldn't trade MY 101 single for a dozen 1100s if I had to keep it and use it, but that's just me! I'm just not a Remington kind of guy! :wink:

BP

·
Registered
65 Posts
My father always told me it wasn't right for one man to criticize another man's dog. If you are happy that is all that matters.

From a strictly financial standpoint I think you did OK.

I hope the 1100 works out good for you. They are good shotguns.

FWIW

hubcap

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trying to stay away from a release trigger.I will admit to having been bothered more by recoil this year than ever.There's a whole new topic---hmmmmm :roll: I ---well read it on the new post :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts