Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good trap gun (a very modified Winchester 97 passed down from my grandfather) is out of action with a badly worn slide action end. I am looking for a good gun smith to rebuild it.

Of course league started a week or so after the Winchester started acting up. In the mean time I have been shooting my 3 1/2 inch BPS at the trap range. Its normally my Deer and Duck gun. Its a little short in the length of pull and I miss the flat comb of the Winchester. I am going to put an extra half inch spacer in the stock to match the Winchester and I have order a strap on comb kit from ballistic product. I would rather find an actual trap stock for the gun. Then I could swap with the synthetic that on it. I could then hunt and shoot trap with it by just changing stocks. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
541 Posts
Honestly your chances are slim to none of finding one online or in a store. What you are doing is the easiest and cheapest route. However if you really want a trap stock then here are your options.

1) call up wenig (that isthe only custom stock maker that I know of that might have one) and ask them if they make a trap stock for the BPS if not they will custom make you one. depending on what they say it can cost from $125-$500.

2) is call up browning and ask if they still have some for the BPS. For a short time (I would guess a limited run or only a year) they had a Trap model BPS. I have only ever seen one factory trap BPS. So you could call and see if they have the stock set and while you are at it get the trap barrel too.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
G

·
If I remember right in the latter 80's Browning gave away one to each Junior state champion, I know I won one at a shoot around that time frame for state champ. I can't remember for sure if it was from browning or not. But it strikes me as they did it for all the states that year. They came with a brown leather fitted hard case as well.

Nice gun, never really got used to it, and it didn't quite fit me but I always liked it, solid gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.