Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be traveling very soon to Chicago and was curious if there are any sporting clays courses in the area. I am from GA and shoot about twice a week and would hate to have to miss out for a week. :D

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Northbrook Sports Club, great sporting clays.
www.northbrooksportsclub.org/
1 hour north of the city.
Members of any other club welcome.
Although, not a public club.

Richmond Hunt club
http://richmondhuntclub.com/sporting_clays.htm
1.5 hours north of the city
Larger, more hills and water.
A puller goes with you. Open to the public.

Bring your boots. A foot of snow on the ground right now.

Enjoy, Roger.

·
Registered
80 Posts
try St Charles Sportsmans Club in Elburn - they have a nice course and it is open to the public. They are open Sat & Sun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just remember, to keep your gun in a "broke" condition, and in a locked case (zippered bag is fine) Mayor Midjet, and his gun graber cronies are using the good guys in blue to harass legal gun owners. Also Illinois is a non-concealed carry state. So your GA CCW permit (if you have one) is not accepted here. So carrying any firearm is prohibited.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
bmandesign said:
Just remember, to keep your gun in a "broke" condition, and in a locked case (zippered bag is fine) Mayor Midjet, and his gun graber cronies are using the good guys in blue to harass legal gun owners. Also Illinois is a non-concealed carry state. So your GA CCW permit (if you have one) is not accepted here. So carrying any firearm is prohibited.
I live in Cook country, my office is in the city, I drive around with shotguns and ammo in my truck 24-7. Never an issue.

Roger.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
South of the city there's also the Palos club (Frankfort, IL, address) and the Frankfort club (Mokena, IL, address). Both easy to reach ... exit I-80 on southbound Harlem Avenue. Give a call ahead, and I'm sure you could shoot as someone's guest.

Have to run out for some errands now, but I'll dig up some numbers for you when I get back.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
ROGER OVER UNDER said:
bmandesign said:
I live in Cook country, my office is in the city, I drive around with shotguns and ammo in my truck 24-7. Never an issue.

Roger.
Yep. Just keep 'em cased, unloaded and ammo in separate container than the gun. I've never had an issue in 44 years in Illinois...from Carbondale to Lansing and many points in between.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ROGER OVER UNDER said:
bmandesign said:

Roger.
Consider yourself lucky. I do my best to boycott Cook county. I only go there if somebody pays me. Plenty of people have been harrassed and more in Cook County.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts