Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day folks.

Well I have decided to get an e-collar for my young bird dog.

Here is what it is down to. I can get a very good price on a Tritronics Pro-200. I like the idea of the tone that this model provides. You might call it a very expensive whistle.

What I am looking for is any comments on the Pro-200 and also any experiences with the new G2 versions.

I am not interested in any other brands. So please do not add them to the list. Other Tritonics models may be considered though.

TIA mike Poorman :lol:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I really like the Pro 100 rather than the 200. Esp with young dogs, there is more use for the extra levels of continuious than there are for the added number of momentary.
With the 200 the cont. will always be 1-high, 2-high, 3-high, etc, and they are to hot.(IMHO of course)

tom

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I agree with Tom's opinions on the 200, I have a couple of Upland Specials which are pretty much the 200 with a remote beeper. They are "hotter" than necessary on continuous than needed for many dogs. I have a 100 model that is nearly 20 years old and it is the mainstay of all my dog training whether hunting or obedience, my wife uses it for her schutzhund work, and continuous shock is what is used by most other trainers of any type that I know. Momentary shock is used for specialized training more so than beginning, the best use that I know of is to stop creeping with pointing dogs. My fervent hope is that Tri-Tronics will come out with a new upland Special based on the 100 series rather than the 200.

Are you listening TT????

·
Registered
39 Posts
First I would wait on the G2 till 06 let the new models come out so the bugs(if any) get fixed and the charging cradle gets updated.

The tone is a bad feature if you use it for Here (dog could be on point, tracking a bird, etc), a warning (then the dog might get scared cause he knows its coming), used instead of the stimulation.

Its really the 100 of 500 the 200 with 6 con. isn't enough cause you may need to ride the stimulation for a second or two. The momentary is nice for when the dog is trained and you just need that quick reinforcment.

If you have the money go 500, if you need to save some go 100.

But I would wait till the new models/updates come out and if your dog is young as in less then a year it won't matter on the waiting part.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the good information folks.

I am still in the info gathering / decision making. But one thing that is changing based on your comments is th emodel that I am leaning towards.

I my be changing to the Pro 100 based on your comments.

Mike :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.