Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Xtrema II, and I want to get a fiber-optic sight for my gun. Does anybody know if the front bead screws off? I don't want to ruin the rib trying to get it off. Which one should I look at and what color works the best? Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yo! BlackGold!
My gunsmith tells me that most of his customers ask for green fiber optics as they let the bead jump out better. I do know that Beretta has a TruGlo "FatBead" said to fit all Berettas on their accesories page. Nice and cheap too!
BB

:wink:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I started out with a green bead, but had some problems with it it seamed to keep drawing my eye to the bead and away from the target. I switched to a red bead and have not had the problem. I have two friends that sware by a green bead. so I guess it is probably just me. I sugest going to the range and trying one and see if it's for you. Chris

·
Registered
775 Posts
The base is threaded which makes switching to a fibre optic very easy. Make sure when you install the new bead you use a little blue thread locker on it. The color preference is just that, preference. I like the green on my sporting guns, my buddie likes the red. Beretta does have their own packaging of the tru glow beads. If you buy one with the beretta name on it, you can be sure that it fits.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts