Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
In my opinion, there is no advantage to having anything other than a brass bead. If you put a hi viz sight on a gun in order to see it better, then you are looking at the bead and not the target.

JJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
I find my truglo sights very helpful both for hunting and shooting and that is because while having my eyes on target, I can understand without having to look at them where my barrels are aiming due to the glowing of such sights.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I went to the Easyhit sight a few years ago after buying a Beretta with a tiny front bead have since installed them on 3 other shotguns. I liked the installation better than the Truglow or Hiviz. Seems like more new guns are coming out with after market sights factory installed now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got some Tru Glo sights for my shotgun as well. I don't care for the bead and it's easier to aim with sights. I would use ghost ring sights but they're expensive unless I fabricate my own sights. My previous shotgun was an SKB with rifle sights and a hi-glow orange acrylic front sight which made aiming easier.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The way I learned to shoot a shotgun - the sights are used only for a reference............NOT for aiming. I don't use anything but an ivory bead and after I get my head down on the stock and lined up I rarely see the sight. So I'm not a fan of the trueglow ................. on my bow however, I wouldn't be without them.

hubcap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.