Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Better not carry it loaded in your pocket. Bye-bye boys. I've never understood Derringers. The barrels are too short for accuracy, so you practically have to be within a couple yards to hit something. If you were in a survival situation, wouldn't it be easier to just punch an attacker in the nose, which would probably give you enough time to get away? Plus, there are a number of subcompact pistols out there that are far more accurate than the Derringer, and offer more shots. Look at the ones from Springfield armory.

·
Registered
73 Posts
phildenton said:
heres somethin im thinkin of gettin, itsa neet little .410 derringer. a good load for it would be s&b's 000 buck [three .36 cal pellets]

http://www.thewarbirds.com/Main%20Page/ ... 0%2045.htm

what do you think?
I've never heard of the maker but the ones I've seen are crap and seem dangerous. Loosest piece of junk I've ever seen. You could buy the kits at one time and make a few parts for a complete gun as well....but don't.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
i fancied a derringer for a while... looked at the Bond Arms and after i added up the cost and its offerings, i spent less $$$ on a Springfield Armory XD-40 Subcompact in 40 S&W...

derringers are special interest pieces, i've seen some junk, the Thunder 5 is a lot of money compared to a mainstream semi like the XD and a friend tells me they deliver one hell of a kick...

a toy...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I see you missed my post in "The Fringe" board...

3" with 5 000Buck HURTS. Especially when you are expecting 2.5" and 7.5 shot.

45LC 8G of Unique and 200G SWC are quite nice though... I'd shoot more of them if it had an extractor or an ejector, instead of poking a cleaning rod or wood dowel to get the cases out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts