Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Get a second barrel make it a carrier barrel with briley "classic" tubes. I have two k-80's both with carrier barrels. One with classic tubes the other with revolution tubes. My wife's k-80 also has a carrier barrel with Briley classic tubes. You will be happy you did!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had my BBL configured into a carrier bbl and purchased Briley ultra lights from Robert Paxton for ~ $1600.00.

Shot that configuration this past skeet season.

I shoot 20 ga in the 12 and doubles event.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
I recently went through this with a K80. Bought a K80 with 30" tapered rib screw choke barrel. I'm a skeet shooter and I hate, hate cleaning barrels between the 12 ga and subgauge events. I want a matched two barrel set.

So, I found a 30" tapered rib fixed choke barrel back bored to .750 with Briley classic ultralites...paid $3k for it used but in excellent shape. This is NOT a carrier barrel...its lighter than non-back bored but if you fire a 12 ga through it, it will be fine.

That left the 12 gauge screw choked barrel about 4-5 oz light. I bought a brass between the barrel weight from Ian Smingler (who frequents this board, Wing and Clay board, and Trapshooter.com). I think the weights were $50 which is $250 less than Kolar wants to make the same out of steel.

Both barrels now weigh within a 1.2 oz of each other and balance exactly alike. Gun, with Wenig New American stock in English Walnut with adjustable comb and butt hardware weighs in at 9lb 14 oz complete....this is just fine to me and I'm not that big of a guy.

Not saying this is what you want, but to me a carrier barrel with tubes is too light for skeet.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts