Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been really cold lately. How about some Turkey hunting tips from you veteran turkey hunters out there. Might help take the sting out the cold by thinking about spring:)

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
For me turkey hunting is an never ending learing experience. What once worked on one bird may not help at all for another....that is one of the aspects that I like about it.One of the best things is scouting, the more you know about the ground you are hunting the better prepared you are to take advantage of a situation. One of the things that I like to key on in the early season is the places that the turkeys head to in the cool AM, they like to get out and soak the sun and feed on the emerging green stuff and bugs. One of my favorite places was a cow pasture, the birds would feed in the manure, eating the waste grain and rolling the patties for bugs, legal baiting! You could set your watch by them birds.A second thing I like to do is find the roost areas, I have sat right in the middle of the roost, had turkeys all around me at last light going up into the trees. Scoping out what was available :) . Then went back the next AM and busted a tom after he pitched into a field, not the field I was expecting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
im going turkey hunting for the first time this spring.... i made a few turkey box calls one out of cedar and one out og mahogony.... just wanted to know if anyone makes there own turkey calls or just buy them. Do u know where i can get a drawing of a push button call.... which call is better?Is a diaphram call really worth learning?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts