Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent several days here and kudos to a great facility and staff!

In so many ways this is what a big gun club should be. If you get the chance go and enjoy, this was my first visit and I won't hesitate to come back.

·
Registered
Sporting K80s, Gold Plantation and Gold Super Scroll
13 Posts
Great club and people! Definitely should make the trip for anyone on the fence.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Definitely one of the premier gun clubs in the country. My bride and I always enjoyed attending the Old Pueblo Skeet shoot there. Except when the wind gods unleashed their fury on us. 😁

·
Registered
196 Posts
Truly an amazing club. My son and I have been here since Sunday. I shot two of the sporting clays ranges orange and white. Also got to shoot the zz birds yesterday. Now for my some to finish the selections match strong. Here is to hoping he pulls it off.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get to shoot or see any of the selection match skeet or trap?
We were here for the Skeet Selection match. Finishing this afternoon. Didn't do as well as we had hoped, but it was a great trip! One squad in front of us ran it yesterday 6x25 which doesn't happy very often. Looks like a multiple shoot-off for finals with world class scores.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
My wife and I spend 6 weeks, starting in Feb,in their RV park, I think this is our 8th year. I took 6000 rounds last year and ran out, I added another 1000 this year. Tucson T & S is Disneyland for shotgun sports. Private club so they can make their own rules, no government involved.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you shooting or supporting? I saw that young Samantha Simonton from Georgia was really doing well. Phillip Jungman from Texas, too, but Vinny was on fire -- dropping only 2 targets in the first 200! Good grief!
My son shot it. Sam and Vinnie ended up winning, and the finals was very interesting. Vinnie shot a 247/250. Sam I think had a 234, but I'm not sure. I can say with certainty that the American skeet machine is alive and well. Lotta talent also coming up thru the ranks. Imagine what we could do if we had support like the Italians!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My son shot it. Sam and Vinnie ended up winning, and the finals was very interesting. Vinnie shot a 247/250. Sam I think had a 234, but I'm not sure. I can say with certainty that the American skeet machine is alive and well. Lotta talent also coming up thru the ranks. Imagine what we could do if we had support like the Italians!
It is great that you got to go, and yes, USA skeet is looking strong. Sam shot a 243, dropping only seven birds. But Austen and Amber were right behind her. Same with mens - Vincent shot great but Phillip and others were hot on his trail. This portends good things for skeet in the WC's this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts