Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you shoot both targets with one shot on dbls do you get credit for breaking both targets?...thanks

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Nope. "First bird dead, proof pair." That means you have to shoot at another good pair, but only need to break the 2nd target with the 2nd shot to have it scored as a dead pair.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its true that the pair has to be shot over. However, if you break the SECOND target first and parts of that broken target break the first target it is called "First bird LOST, repeat pair to establish the second target". This would be because you shot at the wrong target to start with.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
RedForeman said:
This would be because you shot at the wrong target to start with.
And a possible indication you should consider gardening or something requiring less intense concentration for your leisure time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am also new at this, I did not know there was a sequence, wich one do you shoot first ?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
In regular skeet, you shoot the outgoing target first when shooting doubles.
In sporting clays, if you break both targets with one shot, they are both considered "hit".

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
rene said:
... wich one do you shoot first ?
You always shoot the High House first, except on Stations 6 and 7 doubles.

Of course, if you're just funnin' around it doesn't make any difference which you shoot first.

I've been known to take a shot at a passing crow in the midst of a game.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rene, when you shoot a double in regulation skeet, you always shoot the target leaving the house closest to you. Stations 1 and 2 (high house first). Stations 6 and 7 (low house first). Other than that we always shoot the high house target first for singles. Welcome to skeet shooting! Fair warning..it is highly addictive! :D :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
You all haven't mentioned that the reason you shoot the going away target first is that this was an NSSA idea to speed up the game. At one time (long ago) you could shoot either target first.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
The situation could also have been that the shooter missed the all targets completely and the targets collided to result in both birds breaking. Again, it would be first bird lost shooting proof doubles to establish the second bird.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay then...how about this??....if I get to reshoot at my first miss and my first miss is on doubles of the high house #2 but I made the low house shot....do I shoot the pair again, or just the high house as a single???

·
Registered
219 Posts
Case said:
rene said:
... wich one do you shoot first ?
You always shoot the High House first, except on Stations 6 and 7 doubles.

Of course, if you're just funnin' around it doesn't make any difference which you shoot first.

I've been known to take a shot at a passing crow in the midst of a game.
Yesterday I had to wait for a hawk to clear before I shot!,
Jim

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
You all haven't mentioned that the reason you shoot the going away target first is that this was an NSSA idea to speed up the game. At one time (long ago) you could shoot either target first.
I believe the change was so there would be no room to argue with the ref as to which was the intent. At the time either could be shot first you were supposed to annouce your intended sequence. A shooter could argue the ref mis-understood him, etc. Establishing a required sequence put an end to that. The same with shooting low gun, it was judged to difficult for the ref to police and it appears the sporting now thinks it's to hard on the refs also.

Pharmr,
In doubles
1,2,& 3 always the hi house first. 5,6,& 7 always the low house first. Everytime you cross 4 it alternates hi when coming from 1 and low when coming from 7.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
And when shooting Doubles Skeet from Station Four, you shoot the High house first when going from Station One to Station Seven, and the Low house first when working your way from Station Seven to Station Two (or One if it is the second half of Doubles.) The rules can be found at:
http://www.mynssa.com/image/downloads/2 ... -Rules.pdf

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Geeze, too many rules! Last night I had the misfortune of breaking the low house with my first shot of the doubles at 2. guess how THAT is scored?? Yup, lost PAIR! BUUTTTTT! I, I, I, I did break ONE rock! Yup, wrong one! Lost pair! :cry: That was me, everybody else was like this: :lol:

BP

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
BP,

Technically, if you break the wrong target first on a regular double, it is scored first target established lost, proof double to establish second target of the pair. If you do it again shooting the proof double, then both targets are marked lost.

Scott

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
WINDERS IS BACK!!!

I hope you stick around Scott!! Sincerely.

Welcome back.

Bud

1 - 20 of 55 Posts