Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone shooting one? Your likes/dislikes? How the reliability? repairability? I want to get a SxS, O/Us looks weird to me and most OUs are a bit heavier and since this is to be my field gun I'd like it to be under 7 lbs so I don't wear out as my dog drags over hill and dale. I don't want to say price is no object, but have the feeling that the extra $1200 over a Stoeger or Rem/Baikal will probably be worth it. And besides this lump in my mattress is giving me a permanent kink in my back.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
:D Hi, in one word...Excellent! Very good gun and an excellent price for the gun. I have a Grade IV (SLE) in 16ga. Just a great gun. I would recommend a Uggie to anyone.

Do a search and you'll get lots of info. Also, if you have not done so, check out the "I Love My Spanish Gun" sub forum.

Good Luck!!!

Greg

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have an older one, looks like current Md. 30 but has a Prince of Wales grip, 26" bbl, IC&MOD. Great shotgun. I was going to buy a new one in 16 ga. also, but waited to long and they don't have any. Oh well still have the 12 and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, still leaning toward a Uggie. Though it got difficult, yesterday I spent some time at Cabela's shouldering a few guns. They had some sweet guns. Hefted a couple different AyAs, but for the extra $1500 I don't think I shoot good enough for it to matter. and. I'm not into the value of nice engraving, yeah pretty to look at but does that make it/me shoot better? They had some "lightly used" Parkers, but a used gun turns me off, unless I know who used it. Just feeling the way a better comes to shoulder is making be want a new gun, rather than this sewer pipe I'm shooting now, not that it's unreliable, but the handling is getting in the way of me improving my shooting. Tired of disappointing the dog, after he puts up a bird then I miss the shot, he gives me this look like, "What the heck! I work my toes off and you miss the blasted bird!" :lol: he really does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.