Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I'd get an Ugi in about a second. These are nice guns from the one's I've seen. Never heard of any problems with them. There are a couple of UGI guys out here hopefully they'll post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there - hope I can help...

I have owned my Ugi Model 35 (12g/26"/fixed choke) for about a year now. When I first ran across the gun at a local gun show I didn't know what to think. Here was an affordable sxs priced reasonabley, around $400, that looked and felt good in my hands. I had never heard of Ugartechea before, so I went home and looked it up on the Internet. Everything seemed to check out, so I went ahead and purchased the gun.

I am so glad that I did. The Ugi is a great shooting gun. I doubt that I would be able to find another gun with this quality and at this price again.

My Ugi is a great shooter. I took it this past week to shoot doves - it performed great. The action is tight and when you close the breach, you know its closed - kinda like closing the door in a Mercedes. The recoil on the gun was not bad at all. The guns shoulders well, is light, and is just a great upland gun.

My Ugi isn't as fancy as some of the other models, but I want to be able to take my guns out and really hunt with them.

When I first bought my gun I had concerns about shooting steel shoot, so I called "Lion County Supply?" and talked them. I believe they import the Ugartechea. They were very courteous and answered all of my questions.

There was a write up about the Spanish sxs that come out of Brescia, Spain in the last months, or possibly the month before, American Rifleman. They called the Ugartechea the best buy for your money.

If you decide to buy the gun, I know that you will enjoy shooting it. Its a great shooter!
Take care

·
Registered
47 Posts
Everything I have read, on this forum, books, mags, etc., indicates this is an excellent firearm. I am currently saving up to buy the grade 2 in 28 ga. I spoke with the folks at Lion Country Supply and was told that all boxlocks, grades 1,2,and 3, were all the same internally. Grade 2 just has engraving and maybe better wood. The grade 3 has engraving and southgate ejectors as opposed to extractors only on 1 and 2, plus you can custom order the grade 3.
Hope this helps,
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts