Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 14 years ago I purchased a Beretta 391 Urika 26” 20g for my son, and trimmed the stock to turn it into a “youth gun”.

A couple of weeks ago, my now 22 year old son, started making noises about wanting to go on a dove hunt.

I chased down, what seems to be a relatively rare, 391 20g factory stock to “un-youth” my son’s shotgun.

It took a little more sanding, filing, fitting, and cursing than I expected to fit a factory stock to a gun, but…
Dress Revolver Luggage and bags Bag Tartan

The factory Beretta “recoil pad screws” that I ordered, at $5 each, turned out to be 1.5” drywall screws ($7.98 a lb at my local home improvement store).

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice job fitting the new stock, gun still looks to be in excellent shape, know your son will appreciate the effort and treasure it always. Best wishes for a great dove hunt. Remember those are the deluxe Beretta dry wall screws holding that pad in place. :LOL:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remember those are the deluxe Beretta dry wall screws holding that pad in place. :LOL:
They are special screws. When you strip one you swear 5 times as much as you would putting a drywall screw into a wall.
I’m thinking that I may need an Amazon storefront selling “official” Beretta butt pad screws (at a discount of course)…

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice work on that stock. Nice piece of wood also! Your son is lucky to have a Dad like you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts