Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is harder to find right now. ? Unicorn dust or factory 410 loads ?? I’m going with the 410 loads. Haven’t seen any Available in over a year. Anyone have a source??

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Been decades since I last bought factory 410 ( I reload a box well under $3), but even when the prices where normal, they where still around $10 a box. Now, have seen them from time to time at even Walmart for around $20 a box, so someone having them for under $30 a box in bulk currently, not that far out of the norm.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Been decades since I last bought factory 410 ( I reload a box well under $3), but even when the prices where normal, they where still around $10 a box. Now, have seen them from time to time at even Walmart for around $20 a box, so someone having them for under $30 a box in bulk currently, not that far out of the norm.
Same here I have 2 Mecs setup. One for 2 1/2" and one for 3". I make my own shot so the cost of my 410's is really cheap. BTW I shot my 410 auto Saturday on my dove field and killed 8. My friend killed 10 with his 410 o/u.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Actually saw some 410 target loads at Academy a few weeks ago, but they're gone now. When I saw the title of the thread, I thought "unicorn dust" was a reference to gun powder!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had to have some .410s to be able to compete all 4 gauges at a skeet tournament this summer. I had powder, shot and primers. Found some hulls local so I bought a new Sizemaster press and some wads and loaded my own. I did find some on this forum after all of that for $20 a box so I bought them too. So a half oz of shot and 12-13 grains of powder and a primer makes buying factory, even when the prices are normal, seem wasteful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts