Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't manually work the bolt and have shells grabbed from the magazine and pulled to the ejection port. Is this normal? To unload without firing, I have to push in the springloaded lever that sticks out just enough to keep the shells from sliding out of the magazine tube.

What do I do to fix it?

Also, anyone know what size thread the front bead is? I'd like to get a new fiber optic bead, but can't find the thread size.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Take the gun flip it over push the elevateror up then push the shell retainor in then the shell will pop out to empty the mag.The one in the chamber ...just pull the cockin leaver it'll pop out lol hope this makes since i'm drinkin black rum cause its cold up here.The bead thread is 3 mm.....

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
There is a feed latch that needs to be depressed. It is the little silver tab on the right side, bottom, in front of the trigger. NOT the round bolt release button on the side. Depress the feed latch, and a shell will feed from the magazine when you work the bolt manually.

In some ways it is a pain, but the benefit is the ability to switch the load in the chamber. For example, you are duck/goose hunting with 3 duck loads in. Geese begin approaching from far away, so you manually cycle the bolt to eject the chambered shell, but do not feed a duck load from the magazine and instead drop a goose load in the chamber for the incoming geese. Many autoloaders would have to be manually cycled three times to empty all the shells and load a new shell type. I didn't like it at first, and I still forget it often, but I can appreciate the advantage of it now. I argued with Worc once that it was unnecessary, but I guess it is nice once in a while. :p

Likewise, a swatter load. Say you hunt ducks with #2 steel and drop one, but it hits the water swimming. For a swatter load you could quickly put in #4 steel which has more pellets for a greater chance of a head hit on a faraway, swimming duck.

Do a search on that thread size, I think it has been asked and answered a few times recently.

Jeremiah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.