Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may recall I inadvertantly picked up a beautiful A5 16ga that I thought was a 2 3/4" but turned out to be a 2 1/2 model.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtop ... highlight=

After pondering the situation based on the advice recieved here, I decided to keep it. Last weekend I got a case of shells from my best friend as an early Christmas present. We hit the dove field with high hopes....... I couldn't hit squat with that gorgeous gun!!!! I just couldn't get my mount right to have a proper sight line (humpback is mucho different from 20ga 11-87 Upland Special). Burned through 2 boxes for shells on very short range doves. What to do1?!?!?!?!? I unloaded that machine, closed my eyes and practiced mounting until I got it right. Closed out the day with 4 doves in 5 shots. A little more practice and I should see better results. It shoots almost as soft as my lil 11-87, I call this one a keeper!!!! By the way I do not reload & am keeping the empty hulls for resale. If anyone is interested, please pm me so we can work up a deal. Great shooting to all!!!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'd suggest taking the effort to see where your gun is shooting realative to your point of aim. My A-5 seems to shoot about 1 1/2 foot high at 30 yards. That explains why I am so deadly on overhead passing shots and shake my head in disbelief when I pull on a mallard hovering over my decoys at 20 yards and miss. Now that I know I shoot high, I sight down my barrel, have that ol bird just sitting on top of my sight picture and do much better on the 'easy' shots.
Ross

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Go shoot some of the wiley clay birds...

In my experience most folks will see a humpback 16 shooting short shells as the equivalent of pushing a shopping cart full of tin cans and talking to allah. :roll:

You will however, meet other's of similar good taste and class. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.