Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JoHowdy
I found out unless you belong to a hunting preserve there is no place for game birds. I'm told that the fox eat em all :x

Woodcock season starts Nov 21 so I'm going to head out and see if I can't bag a couple. (Here's my strategy) The bush around Cape May NJ is like the woodcock rest stop for the east coast, so I'm planning on hitting the public land along the Delaware Bay from the C&D Canal south as much as I can. We'll see what happens?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys {hs# PM your email info and I'll contact you before the season starts and we'll see if we can't get something together.
I have a feeling that with all the snow up northern US that the woodcock may start down a little early. I'll need to talk to some north NJ hunters and see how things work out up there, I'll let you know.

Gooseman07 I'm in the process of training a Versatile gun dog and things are coming along smoothly. He's an 11 month old English Pointer Black Lab mix and he's 100% hunting dog. It's just a matter of me getting it out of him.

I also have a lead on some public land used for dog training only. One place I know we're allowed to plant training birds the other I'm not sure. If your interested I will need some gunners when the time comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.