Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering of of these two shotguns for trap shooting. What's the advantage of the parallel stock for "parallel optima" for shooting trap compared to the monte carlo trap stock on the "trap optima"?

Is the parallel optima more versatile? Why have two models?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Hello & Welcome to SGW.
Both guns are/should be the Optima bore barrel.
The Parallel Target is more of an all around gun and will shoot a 50/50 or 60/40 pattern. The Trap gun will shoot a 70/30 pattern, more suitable for trap, according to Beretta's web page "FAQ's".
If you look at the stock on both guns there is a slight difference in the dimensions.
As it was explained to me here at SGW: The parallel stock allows the shooter to have the same view/sighting wherever you weld your face on the stock.
Anything different from parallel will have a change as you move your face back & forth. A change in sight and POI.
If I didn't get all of that right, someone will come in and clear up the mud :wink:

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
From Beretta's FAQ:
Is the Parallel Target Shotgun considered a Trap Gun?

The Parallel Target is considered an all around Competition Gun, therefore, it could be adapted for Trap, Skeet, or Sporting. It is offered in a Reduced length (RL), and Standard length (SL) version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts