Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scores starting to come in for the main event and it looks like DT11 segment is the most difficult.

In particular station 11 has a ton of zeros for shooters posted on scorechaser.

Wondering if anyone there at the event can explain what the presentations are at that stand. Is there wind that has effected those targets today?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps a station that broke down and was not available to many of the shooters? If so, it will be tossed out, most likely.
Maybe....the big dogs seemed to struggle with it too with some of those shooters scoring 1 or 2. Looks to be possibly a 4 target station.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Main event target setters are John Snowden from Back Woods Quail club, Rick Hemingway from Back Woods Quail club and Mike Bashaw from Big Red Oak Plantation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don’t remember what 11 was and I shot it today. Trying to forget the day. Not a lot of happy people and can’t say I blame them at this point. We’ll see what tomorrow brings!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I see a LOT of big names that had a tough time on all three courses. Yes I know it’s the US Open blah blah blah but when I see Mein and Kienbaum , Cherry and other top names putting up scores like that I wonder.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see a LOT of big names that had a tough time on all three courses. Yes I know it’s the US Open blah blah blah but when I see Mein and Kienbaum , Cherry and other top names putting up scores like that I wonder.
The 90-95% that aren't at that level are getting a beating. Some a severe beating.

Reactions: Sportshot2

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here we go..... again. Was it the weather or stupid targets? I don't see any high winds in the weather report. I'm not there but: Matarese 82% (55/67), Radulovich 81%, Cherry 78%, Kienbaum and D. Mein 76%. Ladies: Shedd 64%, Edmunds 62%. etc,etc. Imagine how "fun" it must be for the paying customers. What the heck are these target setters trying to prove? It takes NO skill to set un hittable targets. Jon Kruger has been warning that if this continues it will kill the competitive side of the sport. I believe Mr. Kruger is spot on.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Here we go..... again. Was it the weather or stupid targets? I don't see any high winds in the weather report. I'm not there but: Matarese 82% (55/67), Radulovich 81%, Cherry 78%, Kienbaum and D. Mein 76%. Ladies: Shedd 64%, Edmunds 62%. etc,etc. Imagine how "fun" it must be for the paying customers. What the heck are these target setters trying to prove? It takes NO skill to set un hittable targets. Jon Kruger has been warning that if this continues it will kill the competitive side of the sport. I believe Mr. Kruger is spot on.
If your a top shooter that gets paid to represent your sponsor it doesn't matter how hard the targets are. Just shoot the best you can because its your job. But for the rest of us this looks like a beating that is just to expensive for my budget.

·
Registered
26,211 Posts
Looking at the scores of all of the other events, all is right in line. maybe too many targets in too hot of an environment is taking its toll..........

·
Registered
26,211 Posts
So setters should set things so folks can shoot right at 100 for the US Open? Personally, I think targets have not been set hard enough as the skill sets have greatly improved over the last few decades. years ago, scores in the 90s were very rare; now it seems, folks expect scores to be close to 100 not by one or two, but by enough we might as well have a skeet shootoff with 20 or 30 all tied at 99

1 - 20 of 145 Posts