Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a seller with a used 1187, 28" all black at a monthly gun show. He is asking just under $400 which I know is a good price. There is some wear at the bottom of the trigger guard, but other than that looks good at first look.

What should I look for or be on the watch for with this? The next show is in two weeks and I plan to be there in case he is there, which I believe he will be based on the size of his tables.

I am now to auto loaders so forgive me if I use the wrong terms. I racked the action a few times and it was smooth. I plan to reload a few shells with spent primers with no power, just wads and shot to run thru. Anything else I should look at or be on the look out for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,742 Posts
A friend who is not a total newbie to go with you. Hulls with primers will tell you nothing, and if you shoot them at the show you will get kicked out or arrested most likely.

·
Registered
33 Posts
check the bore condition for rust or pits, if it is in good condition and you can remove the choke tube. Sounds like a fair price to roll the dice on. Used guns are always a crap shoot but its a solid gun that is easy to repair and inexpensive to do so.

·
Registered
394 Posts
MarlinBullseye said:
check the bore condition for rust or pits, if it is in good condition and you can remove the choke tube. Sounds like a fair price to roll the dice on. Used guns are always a crap shoot but its a solid gun that is easy to repair and inexpensive to do so.
Ill second this. I have a soft spot for older 11-87s. I recently found and bought a '89 model Special Purpose with a 30" barrel.
If the choke comes out and the over all condition is good then Id buy it for $400.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.