Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So help me decide...

I recently held both a new 870HD and a used 1200 "Riot" and can't decide which to buy.

The 1200 was easier to handle, felt livley in my hands and was in beautiful condition, they were asking for $250. Granted it only had a 4+1 capacity.

The 870HD felt heavy and awkward to me but it was new, and it was 7+1. Of course there is a proven track record of realibility and accessories are easier to come by.

I have pretty much made up my mind that I like the 1200 better BUT I am curious of others opinions.

I should point out that the intended use of said SG would be home defense and good ol' ******* fun at the range. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thoughts please,

-Rob

·
Registered
623 Posts
I personally like the 870 more. BUT, you need to get what feels good to you. If you dont like how a gun handles dont get it!! The 1200 is a good gun, and there should be some stuff for it out there, like a mag extension.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks similar to a low budget fighting gun I'm putting together. I bought a used 1200 for $135 last fall as a cheap bird gun to keep in the truck. I found a riot barrel for it on Ebay and am looking for a good mag extender. I'll probably keep it just with the bead front sight as that seems good enough for shotgun ranges. Won't be fancy, but I expect it to be reliable. And I'll be into it for less than $250 when all's said and done.

Ben

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here.

I am not going to bother replacing the sight or even add a mag extension. I bought her specifically because she fit me well and without all that weight up front I can aquire targets fast.

Besides, if 5 rounds of 9 pellet 00 can't get the job done I am in a situation that calls for my AK anyway.

I must admit I like the fact there is almost no plastic either...just feels solid. I didn't think I was going to like the field forend but all that extra gripping surface is great.

I will post a range report as soon as I can.

-Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts