Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I sold 2 older rifles and have cash to get either an ultra slug 20 ga. and Marlin stainless 30-30 for 666.00 or a Browning BAR for 742.00. I have a .280 for longer ranges. I may start hunting in a shotgun zone next year some. While I have an 1187 slug gun the usg is appealing for it's outstanding accuracy. I also hunt some very thick alders here in the rifle zone.

Any input appreciated

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not even a close decision, go with the 20 gauge USH and stainless Marlin 30-30 and use the money you save for a scope for the USH!!!! This was a trick question right? You don't really think anyone would pick the single Browning for more money do you? Especially when you already have a .280!!!....<><.... :shock: :D :D :roll:

·
Registered
335 Posts
81man

Go you could even take it one step further...buy a 30-30 Handi...and send it in to NEF on the barrel acessory program for the 20 Ultra Slug Hunter...save enough for money to buy 2 good Leupold VX-1 2x7x33 scopes and rings... :wink:

Mac

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I like Mac's idea alot.

Then buy you some Hornady LeverEvolution 30/30 and Remington CoreLokt 20 gauge ammo and its off to the bush.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They are right!!! I forgot to think "out of the box" and only looked at the choices you offered, foolish me. Theirs is a much better suggestion. Also, This could be an even better way to go, how about just buying 2 new H&R's, a 20 gauge USH and a 30-30 and then you will have platforms (a SB1 AND a SB2 receiver) to build anything upon!!!....<><.... :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the good feedback. I decided to go with the Stainless Marlin (couldn't resist) and the 20 ga. USG. I'll post the range results as I progress.
Pat

·
Registered
114 Posts
All in all that's a GREAT decision 81man, it was yours to make and you did, therefore you made the best decision for YOU!!! That's important. Not that it's important, but I agree with the decision you made!!....<><.... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts