Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I started shooting skeet last month and I am using a 32" Citori 725 sporting. It came with extended chokes and I am wondering if using a flush choke will effectively change the swing dynamics, making it feel like a bit shorter that 32".

Thanks

·
Registered
20,543 Posts
Archer007 said:
Hi, I started shooting skeet last month and I am using a 32" Citori 725 sporting. It came with extended chokes and I am wondering if using a flush choke will effectively change the swing dynamics, making it feel like a bit shorter that 32".

Thanks
Just as a rough approximation, flush chokes will weight about 1/2 what extended chokes weigh of the same constriction. Tight chokes are heavier than open chokes.

So, to get a good idea of what your gun would feel like with 2 flush chokes in it, just remove one of the extended chokes and try swinging it with only one extended choke in the gun. That's about how it will feel with 2 flush chokes in the gun.

BTW, as a side note, you may be experiencing the truism that 32" barrels are not for everyone. :)

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The choke length will not change anything. The best choke for you is the one in which you have the most confidence. Chokes make the choke makers rich, they do not break targets

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
cfoster said:
The choke length will not change anything. The best choke for you is the one in which you have the most confidence. Chokes make the choke makers rich, they do not break targets
I certainly agree with that! The last 4 shotguns I bought each came with 5 choke tubes. That's 20 choke tubes, at least 12 of which i will never use. Plus I have 5 - 8 choke tubes for 4 other shotguns. I have 46 choke tubes! That's just nuts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.