Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a missing ejector retaining pin (part #26 on parts list. There are 2 but I only have one. It still functions perfectly with only one ejector retaining pin. It seems the bottom one is the only one that is required. If I take that one out the firing pin and ejector Rod comes out.
Automotive lighting Cylinder Gun accessory Auto part Bumper
Automotive lighting Cylinder Gun accessory Auto part Bumper
My other v3 has the 2. What is the purpose of the top ejector retaining pin and what is the risk by shooting and only having the bottom one in place. See attached photo I pulled the retaining pin slightly out just for the picture

·
Registered
496 Posts
If I take that one out the firing pin and ejector Rod comes out.
On your gun, does that single pin really retain both the Ejector and the Firing Pin?
Video at the link below seems to show that one of the pins retains the Ejector, and the other pin retains the Firing Pin.

Remington V3 Bolt Disassembly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does. I pull out bottom and both come out. Used another pin and put into and réal loose so it probably fell out during cleaning épisode. Doesn't make sense. I figured there was a reason there would be 2 pins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After firing, when the bolt carrier is pushed rearward by the pistons, it in turn pushes the firing pin back. This of course happens really fast, so the pin is effectively thrown backwards and stops on those two retaining pins. Having a pin on each side helps divide the impact forces symmetrically on the firing pin. It also keeps the firing pin from trying to wedge itself between the retaining pin and the bolt body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts