Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a difficult time finding the value of a Browning Gold Hunter 20GA youth/women model. The gun has had a trigger job, been ported (which I'm not a fan of) and had a soft recoil pad placed on it. It probably has less than 1000 rounds through it and is in very good to excellent condition with very little wear.

My neighbor bought it for her son, who is now 23 and 6'3". So this gun is now a tad too small for him.

I've been looking high and low for a shotgun for my petite wife. We went out this weekend and shot sporting clays with it and it works well for her.

I've searched all the common sites to see what they are selling for, but can't find any for sale. Any input or advice?

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
If it's a genuine Micro Midas, about $750 in near perfect condition. That is including everything from the factory also.

If it's a cut down Gold, about $600 tops with everything from the factory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't cut down to my knowledge. She said it was the youth model specific. I'm not sure what came with them from the factory. Tried to do a search and couldn't find it.

All of my other shotguns are Berettas so I just don't know a lot about Browning.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
It's just another mid level mass market semi auto. The fact that it might be some sort of limited edition is not important to me because anyone can duplicate it with a bandsaw and a smaller recoil pad

$600 - $700 would be a fair offer IMO

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I definitely don't consider it a special or limited edition gun just because they made less of them. It just means there's less market for that gun in my mind. And I definitely won't pay more just because it has been ported, which I consider more of a detraction than an addition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.