Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Belgium Browning Superposed 12 ga....have a Whitewing 20 ga on the way....looking at a Veloce 28 ga....Is that a good pick for quail & doves & maybe a little sheet and SC?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
One my buddies has one in 20 ga.It has never missed a beat-BUT-one day I used this gun for two rounds of skeet.The next day there was a nice bruise.This gun is entirely too light for repeated firing.I t would be a great gun to carry all day.By the way veloce is the I talian word for fast :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I have a Veloce 20 ga, nice shotgun. Yes, it will smack you after a few hundred rounds of heavy target loads. For Skeet, you don't need heavy loads anyway. If you get the 28 ga it won't back you up like the 20 ga will anyway. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I were you! I'd have one myself if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on a Sig/Rizzini 28 ga first! I just couldn't pass on the Rizzini! I have a 29 year old Daughter who is not intimidated in the least by the Veloce! Infact, she kind of thinks it's HER shotgun! :roll: She shoots the heck out of standard 7/8 oz skeet loads with it with no ill effect. You wouldn't want a girl to outdo you, would you now? :wink:

BP

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Burnt Powder--someday we'll get together and shoot---I'll take my Ultra XS .410 and y'all can shoot the veloce.I am not knocking the gun or the maker.I have reached the age where a light gun-even with light loads in anything other than the .410 has really become a problem recoil wise.Give me that 1/2 oz load and I can knock 'em down :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
SIG/Rizzini TR-20. It was an incredible deal. Less than a Grand. I think Roger at Monsoors in Lacross, Wiscionsin still has one in 28" barrels for $1295. It is Mod over IC. PERFECT combination! Unbelievable price for a Rizzini 28 ga! Liked it so well I bought one in .410 too. The full on top was a bit snug for Skeet, so I had Briley thread the top hole and I now have thin chokes for the top in Skeet, IC, Mod, and Full. All over the still fixed choke bottom barrel IC. Beautifull combination! Mine are 26-1/2" barrels. SWEET guns! Still have only $1300 including the chokes in the .410. Try getting something comparable for that money anywhere else!

BP

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
hoashooter;

We have a saying arround here: "Beggers can't be choosers!" For less than a Grand, I can very well live with the 26-1/2" barrels. I guess it doesn't shoot as far as a 28" gun, about 1-1/2" less to be exact! I shoot skeet with folks who shoot 25" barreled 3200s too. They think MY barrels are LONG! :roll:

BP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts