Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a well insulated dog house. I heard that it should have some ventilation because the dog's breathing can cause condensation - creating mold, etc. I heard that 3 holes 3/8 jin diameter would be enough, but my dog seems to still have a little moisture on her when she comes out of the house. Any thoughts? Thank you.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I also live in the colder region (Colorado), because the temperature exchange, I have a hard time get rid of the moisture build up in the dog house. However, I have noticed good ventilation does help eliminate condensation and I really like the butterfly vents I have in my kennels. For my application, I have it mounted near the top of the house but instead of cutout openings under the butterfly, I drilled a bunch ½ holes.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I use a barrel for a doghouse. The door is an opening about 12" square. The two bungs in the head are oriented vertically, with one above the other, and left open in the summer, and I replace the screw-in plug in one of them in the winter, leaving the upper one open.

The photo doesn't show it, but I wrapped a water heater insulation blanket around the barrel after this was taken.

Clemson

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.