Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I am sure glad that I found this site and the sub catagory of Verona :!:

I bought a used Verona LX501 12ga on GB for $457. and I think it is a great gun - it looks new and has a HiVis sight and nice engraving on the blue receiver and the figure on the stock and forearm are teriffic.

It came with 2 chokes 5 and 4 notches and I have tried to call the distributor to fill out the chokes but there is no answer and no answer to my email.

I checked with Trulock and they do not have flush fit chokes for this gun and I would prefer those rather than extended - any suggestions?

Anyway I think I got a good deal :!: :p

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
5 notches=CYL; 4 notches=IC. Good for skeet and real close birds.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D Thanks for the heads up for CDNN :lol:

I called and ordered a full, a modified and an improved modified. They were out of skeet :cry:

I hope I can get a skeet - maybe I should have taken a Briley skeet as well because of the $9.99 shipping but I did not.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
How is the process of buying a gun through Gbroker? I have been thinking about it, but I would hate to pay money for a gun and have it never show. . .can that happen or are you protected somehow?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Omega,

THe gunbroker process was awesome for me. But you never know. Read the feedback for a seller. I would be wary to buy from someone with even one negative feedback.

If you pay via credit card (visa) you will likely have insurance against fraud through your card. If they ask for a money order you can use USPS money orders and they are insured...That is what I used.

MJ

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) I have had excellent results buying thru Gunbroker but it all hinges on the vendor.

Look for a vendor that has several ratings as a seller that is A+, examine his feedback, paying attention to the $'s involved and the expertise (purchase experience - rating) of the person leaving the feedback. This will tell you what you need to know.

If they have a 3 day return priviledge this is a plus as is if they accept credit cards - you can always put a CC transaction in dispute. Most vendors want a MO or Cashiers check in order to eliminate disputes.

A couple of years ago I used "Buy It Now" on a vendor that had no feedback and I "sweated" until the pistol arrived at my FFL. The vendor sent it UPS Ground and that is a No NO, but I did get my firearm.

Remember if it is too good to be true it probably is :!: I have made 2 purchases this month and I am completely satisfied :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.