Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the verona lx 502 or a used browning citori. Is a verona even in the same league as the browning?? Or are the differences minor. I am looking for an over and under that looks good and is good quailty. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have LX501, like it and I think it's a very good gun.It's new, so no one can say anything about the reliability. What I can say is that I shoot very well with it.Never shot a browning o/u, but held few (new) - nice guns - no question about it. Personally, if I could afford it - I would buy a browning. If I could find a used browning that I like, in very good condition and for a comparable price - I'd probably end up buying it.Bottom line - see which one fits you better. Both are good choices in my opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 things......1)-the browning will be finished nicer, and 2)-the verona's reliability and service, now and down the road is not known being a fairly new gun in the marketplace. I have a verona myself, and as far as performance, it'll match anything. That should bring some flames, but i have one and i can tell you that i couldn't possibly shoot better than i do with it. I never shot anywhere near as well with any other shotgun i've owned. But again, the reliability and service is untested. Weigh the differences yourself and take it from there. For myself, i love the verona as much as i can a shotgun, and the price is low enough to make it the easy pick in my mind. Closing in on a year of ownership, and so far not a hitch as far as reliability. I can honestly say it's my favorite gun of any type i ever owned.Hope that helps you decide one way or another.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, and by the way.........someone posted at a forum a while back that at his gunclub they have 3 of them as rentals for 3 years, and he said that they've had many thousands of rounds thru them with no problems. So hopefully thats somewhat of an indication of thier ability to hold up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the responses. I think I am going to get the Verona LX503 at gander mountain. It is a sporting goods store, I think they are mainly in the east. Seems very nice for the price, $749. I hope to get it friday and take it shooting this weekend. I will report on it later. One last thing, I know the wood on the verona is not as nice as the browning, is there an easy way to refinish it??'Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's a hunting gun - and for me the finish is right for such as gun (talking of quality guns). Now - the aftermarket accessoaries are a different story.I am thinking of a better recoil pad and spacers (might be mercury recoil reducer as well) and was wondering if some of the kits available for other, more popular guns (from beretta line for example)... What do you think ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just spoke to the guy at Dicks Sporting Goods, the only difference between the LX 502 and LX 503 is in the in engraving. The 503 has gold bird inlays and the 502 does not. 502 is 599 and the 503 is 750. I think I will save my money and go with the 502.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I figured that you may want to put the saved $150 into shells, a hunting trip or reloader...Glad to be of help.Regards,Brian <image>http://www.camfam.com/nwtf/floridasmall.jpg</image>

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the 501......whats the diff between the 501 and 502? I think it may be the 502 has a silver reciever, while mine is blue, tho i'm not sure. In any case, in 2 weeks i'll be using it for quail for the first time. Can't wait !! The opener is on the 19th here in So. Cal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey dazco,I also live in Ca and I am also looking forward to some quail hinting. Where will you be going for the opener? ...might be we can increase the number of veronas on the field by adding mine to the equasion ?:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, we haven't really decided exactly, but probably around either Carrizo or Maricopa. Actually, now that you mention it, i'd like to hear from anyone who doesn't mind spreading a little info regaring good spots. (tho i realize no one wants to give away thier honey holes)My buddy's bringing the remington 870 i sold him. I feel for him......i never could hit a thing with it. :lol Well, i'll have to give him some of my "Verona aquired birds". hehehe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man. Maricopa is about a 3 hour drive where I live. Where's Carrizo by? I've always wanted to go hunting. I just didn't know there were any in places to do it in Southern Cali. Hehehehe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are there any websites or things where I can get information on quail hunting in Southern Cali?? I can't go with you though. I'll be in Del Mar at the gun show on the 19th. Hehehehe

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went dove hunting this past weekend in central Florida with my Verona LX502. I LOVE THIS GUN!Compaired it to my buddies Whitewing and the Verona shot better.The LX502 has a nickel receiver and the LX501 is blued. Great gun either way.Did I memtion that it is a GREAT gun?!. Don't be an example that the opposition uses to its advantage!Edited by: camfamcom at: 10/16/02 12:57:42 pm

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.