Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had pretty much decided on a Verona 501 or 503 O/U but, in checking for reference info ran into some Huglu writeups. Wham! The old S/S vs O/U struggle started again.Just can't seem to loose my boyhood love affair with S/S's. In checking things out, the SOE Huglu looks so good to me & I can't seem to shake back to the 503 Verona I thought I'd made up my mind to get.Anyone got any scoop on the Huglu quality and reliability?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, checked out the comments in the forum section of www.sportingclays.net as suggested. After doing this and then searching out and seeing one in a gun shop, I contacted Mark DeHaan of Huglu, USA and ordered the U2E version O/U. Expect delivery next week. Incidentally, was really in a twist between the O/U and an equal quality and look SS (SOE model). I actually had called and ordered the SS but, thinking it out further, I have an Ithica SKB 12 that I just love. Couldn't see leaving it home in favor of a newer SS. Don't have a 12 Ga O/U and sometimes want more power and spread than my early model Winch 101 20 Ga. puts out. Oh well if the O/U checks out as well as I think it will - I'll have a perfect excuse to go back and buy its companion in the SS.Will post back on my experience after I receive and test out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The U2 is the model I'm looking at as well, but I'm still busy breaking in a Beretta 391 at the moment. Let us know how you like it when you get it.One question I've had on the Huglu's. If you get the "E" ejector model, can you switch it to just an extractor mode, or will it always eject? (Can't make up my mind on which I prefer.)Wardog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts