Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to hunting and want to get a versitile shotgun. i've looked at the mossberg 500 and the remington 870. the mossberg seems to be a no brainer. item # 54264includes a 28 in barrel, 3 chokes, & a fully rifled bore all for $299. the comperable remington item # 5578 includes a 26 in barrel, 1 choke, & a fully rifled bore for $369. can i / should i -justify $70 for the remington? $70 buys alot of shells!thanks for any advise!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok I am not to sure where you live but I have seen the Mossberg 500 combo that you just said for $250 new in box I have seen them at wal-mart and at fleet farm. I personaly do not see the justification in the Remington combo. Both are good guns that will do what they are meant to and with the Mossy you get more for less, so I would stick with the Mossy "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i live in western pa. wal-mart and dicks both had it for the same price. what area did you see it for $250?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I live in WI and I have not checked the prices in a few months on the mossy, cause I bought one.:smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"Edited by: goldenhunter02 at: 1/27/03 1:21:02 am

·
Registered
180 Posts
Golden, Golden, Golden...What do you mean you can't see the difference between Mossberg compared to a Remington. Surely you know the difference between alum. and steel. The mechinical differences between the two designs. To me the only thing in common between the two is the bang.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes dear Howie I can see the difference in them. Which is why I can not see the "justification" in spending more money for the Remington over the Mossberg.:smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts