Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a web address to purchase a shooting vest. I know there a lots of brands, is there any to stay away from, or a good ones to look for?

·
Premium Member
19,861 Posts
http://www.gamaliel.com

They have a good selection of vests. I would recommend the mesh type vest with a shell pouch on the back for your empties. I avoid the vests that have leather on them because you have to have leather dry-cleaned and that gets expensive. I want something I can throw into the washing machine because vests need washing fairly often unless you want to look like you just overhauled your car engine while wearing your shooting vest. :lol:

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I've had my Browning Vest for a year and couldn't be more pleased with it. If you want to save emptys it does not have a mesh pocket for them. I don't save them so no problem for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of vest choices out there, that's for sure. 10x, bob allen, and most gun companies have their own line as well (beretta, perazzi, browning, etc).

Myself I don't like shooting with a vest on, I prefer just a tshirt or tank top with a belt pouch for shells/hulls. I think it gives me a more repeatable mount with the gun into my shoulder. With a padded vest on it's easier IMO to mount the gun improperly or inconsistantly and not know it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts