Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Most any video will help you to improve your game. You first need to see which instructor teaches the method you want to learn. Carlisle's video is great if you want to shoot gun down, mount in front of target and move to lead and shoot. Bobby Fowler is great if you want to shoot gun up an maintained lead. Bill McGuire has one that you hold gun close to break point and make small move and shoot. Bidwell is move, mount, and shoot. There are many more to choose from.
Decide what you want to learn and pick from there. :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
In my opinion you should spend the same money on a good real live instructor who canwork with YOU and give you tips on how to deal with your own problems. Many times some fundamental is the problem. For instance, I was rolling back on my back foot for the second shot of a pair and never knew it. In ten minutes a good instructor saw the problem and explained that rolling back on that back foot moved my face on the gun and even though the shot looked right, it wasn't because my face wasn't on the correct place on the gun. As a result of just that tip I picked up an average of 3 or 4 birds on every round. No tape would have ever been able to tell me what I was doing wrong. I didn't even know I was doing it wrong even if the tape did tell me " don't roll back on your back foot".

·
Registered
39 Posts
jwmhunt said:
are there any videos that anyone could recommend for a new sporting clay shooter to take him to the next level of shooting scores of 70-80 I'm shooting 60-65 now
I would recommend John Wooley

John teaches Move, Mount Shoot method

http://www.woolleyshooting.com/index.htm

·
Registered
526 Posts
George Digweed's "Guide to Perfection in Sporting Clays" gun down, instictive method favored in the UK, and by SxS.

Dan Carlisle & Ed Arrighi teach pull away shooting in their "Secrets of the Triangle," combines classroom and video.

The excellent book by Chris Batha, "Breaking Clays," prompted me to order his video which has not arrived yet.

I have not yet seen any of the videos from the OSP School by Gil and Vicki Ash, but their books are outstanding....

Reading books and watching videos continues the quest, becaause IMHO there is no such thing as being too good a shot. Working with several professional instructors over a period of two or three years was what I used to establish a foundation. This work included experimenting with different types of guns, being measured for gun fit with a try-gun by two different experts (and checked again by four others) as I continued to refine my technique, and having the stocks on my guns altered to fit better than a glove: now where I look, the gun shoots (mostly). Oh, yes, and practice.
Lots of practice.

Hope this helps. Shoot Safe, SidelockSxS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.