Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a Beretta ad in the latest Skeet Shooting Review, where they have Hancock pictured. Below his picture it mentions all of the awards Hancock won with his DT-10, but goes on to say that Hancock "retired" his DT-10 -- not because he didn't like it, but because it was just time [paraphrased].

The ad doesn't say whether or not he is using a different DT-10, or even a Beretta.

Does anybody know what "the rest of the story" is? Is Hancock still with Team Beretta? What gun is he now using?

Bruce

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bruce, according to what I read he retired the gun he won the Gold with for "sentimental reasons" I believe he is still shooting a D-10 or maybe the new o/u Beretta just brought out...now that you have me curious, I'll shoot off an e-mail to them to find out which model he is using...

I assume that he will be at the World Shoot with the ARMY AMU Team...maybe one of our attendees can check it out in person!

Dan

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
101xtra, do the members of the AMU skeet team shoot at the World or are they just there for PR reasons? I have shot with USA team members at the World, but they were not there with the team.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lowgun...you are correct... :oops: after my second cup of Starbucks...I realized that it is the Army Skeet Team which competes in "American Skeet" not the AMU which as you know competes in International which has already had their World Event (Hancock won again i believe) so as you said, if the AMU is in San Antonio it would be to promote the sport and the USA....BTW, I read that the 50th Armed Forces Championships will be at the National Shooting Complex next year...

As an aside, the Army Skeet Team is pretty much self funded so they "pay to play" just like the rest of us :D The AMU is fully funded...

Dan

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
The Navy Skeet Team used to show up for NSSA shoots in pretty fancy government Suburbans, but they probably drew them out of a motor pool. I'm sure they don't have a permanent issued piece of transportation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My Coach and mentor reffed for a couple of the Service Teams at the World's a few years ago...has some great stories...rank is left at the door...the one about the LT cussing out an Admiral because he missed the pair on #6..."GD it Admiral, now the Marines are going to beat us.." is my favorite...(can you tell I'm ex-Navy? :) )

Dan

·
Registered
280 Posts
brucestorey said:
I just read a Beretta ad in the latest Skeet Shooting Review, where they have Hancock pictured. Below his picture it mentions all of the awards Hancock won with his DT-10, but goes on to say that Hancock "retired" his DT-10 -- not because he didn't like it, but because it was just time [paraphrased].

The ad doesn't say whether or not he is using a different DT-10, or even a Beretta.

Does anybody know what "the rest of the story" is? Is Hancock still with Team Beretta? What gun is he now using?

Bruce
Hancock was shooting a new dt10 for awhile,but he vent back to his old DT10 and used it when he won the world championship in Maribor last august.

Mannsi.

·
Registered
118 Posts
1. The All Marine Skeet team will be at San Antonio next month and it will not be their first visit there...don't believe me? Google Marine Skeet Team and their posting for applicants for the team is right there...Note that one of prime requirements is being an NSSA Member...

2. So Admirals don't shoot skeet? The Captain of last years Navy Skeet Team is a four stripper (Captain Don Berry, USN) and he shoots with a team composed of both Officers and Enlisted men including last years top ranked shooter on the team, Petty Officer 2nd,
Charles Estelle...I doubt that the good Captain will give up skeet if and when he gets his Star...
This was several years ago but I will be glad to get you the name of the Flag Officer in question...I'll query the Armed Forces Skeet Association as to how many Flag or General Officers compete in their events...Want to wager there will be more than one?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I've seen the Marine team every year I've been to the World. Some times they've only had a couple of shooters there, other times they've had a full squad plus.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
I was not aware that the Marine Corps fields an NSSA skeet team. I do know that some former members of the Marine International Skeet Team compete in American skeet competition. Kevin Suitt is one ex team member who does well in NSSA competition. I don't know if Kevin is still in the Corps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Marines will indeed be at the world this year. I will be there as part of the team, this will be my first world shoot. There will be 8 shooters coming. Kevin is indeed on the team. If you see us stop by and say hello.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hughy said:
The Marines will indeed be at the world this year. I will be there as part of the team, this will be my first world shoot. There will be 8 shooters coming. Kevin is indeed on the team. If you see us stop by and say hello.
Ya' know, if the Marines are shooting skeet, perhaps the world isn't falling apart just yet.

Jim

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hughy-good luck to you and the Marine team...even though my allegiance is to my Navy brothers I can still cheer for our Marine cousins...

Enjoy your first World Shoot...God Bless you for your service, and Semper Fi !!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I was shooting the Zone 4 a few years back in Atlanta, in August. To say it was hot and humid would be an under-statement. The whole squad was sweating buckets and I looked a this young marine shooting with us and he did not have a drop of sweat on him. When finished the 100 I said to him aren't you hot and he said without a smile "NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT". :D
God bless them all for what they have done and still do.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Hughy said:
what gun manufacturer does the Marine team shoot with? When I was getting a new pad put on my K80 eariler this summer, one of the service reps. mentioned how the guys down at Quantico just shoot the snot out of Krieghoffs down there....so I assume he was referring to the shooting team....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sernv99 said:
what gun manufacturer does the Marine team shoot with? When I was getting a new pad put on my K80 eariler this summer, one of the service reps. mentioned how the guys down at Quantico just shoot the snot out of Krieghoffs down there....so I assume he was referring to the shooting team....
Caesar Guerini, perhaps? :shock:

Bruce

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.