Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several boxes of "old" Sears and Roebuck 12 ga. shells in the boxes. I also have 1 box of Peters 12 ga. shells. Does anyone know anything about them? I'm guessing they are about 60-70 years old. Do they have any value?
Font Rectangle Nameplate Signage Wood

Font Material property Publication Rectangle Book cover

Cosmetics Writing implement Office supplies Paint Tints and shades
Wood Button Recreation Automotive wheel system Circle

Rectangle Font Electric blue Wood Label

Rectangle Font Metal Triangle Publication

Rectangle Font Grass Terrestrial plant Commemorative plaque

Font Rectangle Gas Metal Label

Bird Beak Font Wing Accipitridae

Bird Beak Accipitridae Falconiformes Font

· Registered
5,734 Posts
The Peters plastic shells were introduced in 1961 and the "Power Piston" wads were introduced in 1965. That style box remained in use through 1973. I don't have anything 1974 that shows the box, but there was a new style by 1975. A full box like yours sold for $19 in the August Ward's Auction.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Peters plastic shells were introduced in 1961 and the "Power Piston" wads were introduced in 1965. That style box remained in use through 1973. I don't have anything 1974 that shows the box, but there was a new style by 1975. A full box like yours sold for $19 in the August Ward's Auction.
Thank you Reaseacher01
I believe my dad used these Sears shells slightly before my time, so I'm putting them in the early 1960 time frame.

· Registered
5,734 Posts
I have several boxes of those SPORTLOADs in 16-gauge. They were loaded for Sears by Federal. Most of mine are purple Federal paper hulls with a pie crimp. I have one earlier SPORTLOAD box and the shells are red Federal paper hulls with the roll-crimp. They are head-stamped SPORTLOAD, but other than that pure Federal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts