Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to bring to your attention that there are three wonderful Vintage shotguns on the Deal of the Week...go to the home page of this website and you will see it.

There is an L.C. Smith, an Ithaca, and a Fox Sterlingworth...all three are being sold for $1075!! Why so cheap? There are conditions...seller wants a good home.

If the guns don't sell to one person they will be sold indivudally so let the seller know your intentions. All of these guns could be parted out for double the selling price, but the seller will not allow parting out of the shotguns.

·
Registered
520 Posts
RemmingtonII,

Had to look twice at that deal. I wish I had the cash to jump on them. I have 4 small kids who like to eat and seem to always need new shoes! One thing my safe is missing is SxS shotguns. Always looking but just can't ever seem to be able to justify adding a gun now with kids. If it was closer to tax refund time I would be all over these. All three look to be great guns that could be fixed up to shoot with out too much major expense. I guess this will be one of those deals I kick my self for not having the cash stashed away just in case.

I'm still taking abuse from my wife the last time a bought a shotgun without proper authorization! Picked up a brand new SP10 for $799.00 about 4 years ago. Walked in to a going out of business sporting goods store in Omaha NE at lunch time, and walked out with the SP10. My wife did not like the logic that my buddy Bill confimed it was a really good deal!

I hope the owner of these 3 fine guns finds a good home for them. Fixed up all three would make great heirloom guns to pass down some day.

Good Luck - APEXDUCK

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Man, Apex, I'm with you--JLPTexashunter drew my attention to the deal of the week, and that Ithaca is calling to me across the miles :lol: My favorite shotgun is my 52-year old 16-ga Ithaca Model 37--imagine my unbridled glory and pride at having an LC Smith sxs in the same gauge!

My wife is a radar expert. She checks the credit card bills, too.

Like you, I have lotsa stuff to pay for domestically, but I also love my trip to Maine each year for guided rifle hunting on whitetails. The trip will cost me about $500, the deposit is paid, so I just can't come up with the scratch for the gun. Sigh.

Here's a question: is the LC 16 ga worth disrupting my yearly ritual? How true this statement is: devoted SGW people sometimes lead lives of quiet desperation 8)

Best,
Jeff23

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for keeping the thread active on the vintage grade shotguns...this really was a deal of the week!!

I think we have found a good home for the guns where they will be used and/or restored over the ensuing years.

Like you, I found this whole vintage thing quite exciting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.