Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lot of fun today at the range.

Just got a Japanese vent full barrel that was cut(now it is cylinder) for my 1960 A5.
Ran 74 out of 75 with it today.

Just aquired a Double Auto Twenty Weight that had a full vent barrel, but according to my measurments it is hogged out to between skeet and improved cylinder.
Ran a 75 straight with it today.

They are both very sweet shooters and will definitly be fine field guns.

I got a lot of comments on the Double Auto today and I let a few try it out.

Sometimes I need a break from my serious skeet practice, and this was just the key.
What a great relaxing day.

Hit them all...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
CPXSSKEET,
I told you earlier that you would not find a better semi auto then the Browning Double Auto. The best thing about them is that nobody knows about them. Take it to the range and everybody wants to check it out! What loads do you use and how was the recoil with the 20weight?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rer;

I have shot full in the A5 and yes many get away.
But there is nothing better than seeing nothing but smoke at station 4 :)

Dbl Auto;

The only loads I have ever used in skeet tournaments and practice is Estates 1 and 1/8 ounce #9 shot.
As for recoil in the Twenty Weight Double Auto, it was about the same as the A5 :shock:

I thought this lightweight gun would kick the hell out of me.
Well, I got to tell you that it was very managable and controllable.

I am totally impressed with Val Brownings creation.
Do not know why they are not still around.

Am very seriously thinking about shooting it for skeet tournaments for a change of pace :wink:

The Browning A5 and the Double Auto are both the best that I have ever shot in an automatic for flawless function and reliability.

Hit them all...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts