Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a 10 ga. side lock, It is missing both hammers, is it possible to find them or is this going to be an imcomplete wall hanger, any ideas? I'm also looking for several parts from an investarm O/U imported by silo if any body can help out I really appreciate it.

Matt

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No, the gun wouldn't have to be relegated to the wall. I don't know that you'll be able to find a set of originals,but new hammers can be made or old hammers altered to fit that gun. I don't know what the cost would be. Maybe someone else will come along and give you an idea. I do know that you'll want to find a quality gunsmith with a solid reputation for work on fine doubles to perform the work. If you can find pictures of similar guns you may be able to have hammers made or altered to closely match the originals.
As far as the O/U is concerned, if replacement parts are not readily available, the same is true. It all really depends upon what parts you need and what you're willing to spend on the gun. I've got a friend who's currently having a new hingepin and a hammer spring made and installed in an old Pieper,16ga,SxS,Hammer gun.The work is being done by a common friend, so I don't know what the job would cost normally as I'm certain this is being done at below standard rates.
Good Luck,
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.