Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on some loads for WAA cases. My IMR guide lists multiple 1 1/8 oz. loads using WAA12 wads. When I checked the Win. wads that I currently have, they are marked WAA12R. What's the difference between the two? (The WAA12R wads that I have are marked for 1 1/8 oz. loads on the bag.) There are some loads listed for WAA12R but they are 1 1/4 oz. field loads.

Thank you everyone for your help and input.

· Registered
1,741 Posts
The WAA12R, commonly called the Winchester red wad, was designed for 1-1/8 ounce loads in the Winchester paper case. It is generally too short for 1-1/8 ounce loads in the typical plastic case and is used mostly for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 ounce field loads in plastic cases.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OKShotgunner said:
The WAA12R, commonly called the Winchester red wad, was designed for 1-1/8 ounce loads in the Winchester paper case. It is generally too short for 1-1/8 ounce loads in the typical plastic case and is used mostly for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 ounce field loads in plastic cases.
Thank you OKShotgunner. It seems that I should save my 12R wads for heavier field loads and pick up some WAA12's. ...Esp. since the manual specifies them. :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.