Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
I haven't bought any there in a very long time, but I have bought probably a couple hundred flats in the last ten years, there. Where I live, it's not just the best place to buy shells, up until the last 8 months it's been the ONLY place to buy shells.

FWIW, I strolled thru there last night just to see what pistol rounds they had, and they'd redone the shotshell display but the thing that caught my eye, was that Remington Premiums (STS/Nitros) had taken a jump to $8.49-------for 12's. :roll:

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
The walmart by me still has a lot of AA's on the shelf. They also have the Std. Winchester shell, Federal top gun and Remington target. Next to the AA's are Remington STS.
I don't think Walmart will stop selling Winchester ammo. It's a good seller in my area.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Who shops at Walmart? Millions and millions and millions of people!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Who shops at Walmart? Millions and millions and millions of people!
Yeah, a lot of the same ones that cry the loudest about jobs going overseas, businesses closing here, poor benefits with the jobs that do remain here, etc, etc.

Let them continue to shop there, and then remind them of WHY the jobs are going to China, and WHY the smaller stores can't compete and have to close. (Hint, turn over just about any package in a Wal-Mart, and see where it is from. I think practiacally EVERYTHING with the Wal-Mart brand or made for Wal-Mart is from China....).

Anybody ever hear the term "the Wal-Mart-inisation of America"? Think about it.

I can't stand Wal-Mart and what they represent. Haven't been in one for years. I'll gladly pay more at whatever local business still remains down the street.

Sorry, political rant over. :oops:

·
Registered
14,695 Posts
Wal-Mart is not the problem. They are just doing what makes money. If Americans cared where stuff was made, they would too. All we have done is prove that cost is #1.
It's the politicians. The really big money makes even more by moving production offshore while putting America out of business. The really big money, from both parties, is what get politicians elected.
And in the end, it's our fault for being too lazy and too content to care until after the North American Free Trade Agreement fired what may have been the kill shot. Everybody talks about when the economy improves; I don't know that it can. What's to drive it? We don't make much to sell anywhere. Gonna be tuff to maintain our standard of living cutting each other's grass and selling each other MacDonald's hamburgers.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Walmart is one of about 3 places where I live to buy ammo. And is one of two places to buy firearms. The Pawn/gun shop is the other place and the guy that owns that place is a a$$hole and is way over priced on almost everything. So it is either go to walmart or drive about a hour.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I can't afford gas to get to another store BUT Walfart, As for them not selling a particular brand, What's new? Each store gets their marching orders from Fayetteville, Ar. and if they want to control what sells in a certain store then that's what they do. The local store here is putting China made crap that is branded Remington on sale and replacing it with the EXACT SAME CRAP that is now red (Win.) instead of green! :roll: It's all about profit coming from shelf space and not what the consumer wants. Everytime you go in and see copy paper taped to a shelf you can bet that the merchandise is getting ready to change. Let's see,....It's still July but I bet Halloween candy is getting ready to hit the shelves anytime now. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Virginian said:
Wal-Mart is not the problem. They are just doing what makes money. If Americans cared where stuff was made, they would too. All we have done is prove that cost is #1.
It's the politicians. The really big money makes even more by moving production offshore while putting America out of business. The really big money, from both parties, is what get politicians elected.
And in the end, it's our fault for being too lazy and too content to care until after the North American Free Trade Agreement fired what may have been the kill shot. Everybody talks about when the economy improves; I don't know that it can. What's to drive it? We don't make much to sell anywhere. Gonna be tuff to maintain our standard of living cutting each other's grass and selling each other MacDonald's hamburgers.
Well said. I've preached this for years but few listen. Even fewer actually care.

·
Registered
926 Posts
mtmoore0061 said:
Just heard that Walmart will not carry Winchester AA shot after what they have sells. Anyone else hear this?
Same page as this is the exact opposite question of winchester.... Who gives a crap if the do they do if the dont buy elsewere, the on-line fella or the local guy will be thankful... Here is the other post....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187932

·
Registered
201 Posts
At the closest mart they still have 28ga (about $10.00 a box) Spoting Clay loads as well as other gauges. But in one a little futrher away I happened to sopp in last fall and they were clearing it out. I picked up 10 boxes of AA Sporting Clay 7 1/2's for $5.00 a box. I must have been in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just stopping into my local one this morning (Lexington KY) and they had no Win AA's (except a couple of boxes of 28ga, and a box of .410), but still had the empty shelves marked -- I just assumed that they were sold out due to the $2 a box rebate. They also only had a few boxes of Remington STS (maybe 5??), so I assumed it was the rebate that was selling them out.

They had plently of the Winchester Super Target shells though, ( 12ga 1 1/8oz, 1200fps, #7 STEEL - and - 12 ga 1oz, 1180FPS, #8 lead(this loading isn't even listed on Win's web site)) - about $5.5X a box.

They also had a TON of Federal/Winchester Universal/Remington Sport 100 round value packs - I think the Win and Fed were $20 or $21 and the Remington were a buck or two more.

·
Registered
403 Posts
crazyhair said:
Who shops at walmart let alone buys quality gun shells there anyway?
Why would quality gun shells be any different at WalMart than anywhere else?

In more rural areas, WalMarts are the places that are keeping costs down on hunting and shooting supplies. I wish all of them sold firearms and I hope they all keep selling ammo. People see firearms and ammo in WalMart, they start to see them as just normal items. The more people who see this as normal, the more people will see the anti-gun propaganda for what it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.