Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at buying a wards westernfield 16 ga double. i would like to know more about it. on the side it says wards westernfield model 52-SD51A. it also has the number 5100 on the reciever. it has a case hardened reciever and a plastic stock. can anyone tell me who the manufacturer was(savage, stevens, springfield...or were all these companys the same???), what was the manufacturer's model number(not the wards model number), can i get a wood stock and forend to replace the plastic ones, and any other info anyone might know? thanks...bud

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Sorry it took so long, was busy camping...

Yours is old enough it's not in my cross-reference lists but the other info you gave indicates that it's either a Springfield or Stevens 5100 (same company ) with a tenite stock. I think the 311 stock will fit,(you'd have to ask the vendor to be sure) but the Tenite issort of what makes the 5100 unique , cold in winter and slick with gloves on ;)

You still hanging around the political forums Budiceale?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
marlands...thanks for the info. i guess this shotgun stock will be freezing in the winter and slick with sweat in dove season :) being so old, there won't be any problem shooting new factory loads in it, will there?

i don't go on the political forums much anymore. 9/11 almost killed me :D mostly just to post or reply to something funny(plenty of that in politics these days!!) i don't remember talking to you so it surprised me when you remembered me. i hope we didn't have a disagreement about anything :) :) !! if we've talked before, please email me and remind me. again, thanks for the help...bud

·
Registered
332 Posts
Stevens-Springfield Model 311, Stevens 311-R, Stevens 530, and Stevens 530M are all basically the same gun, but the 530M is the one with Tenite stocks. Discontinued about 1947. The Springfield name started with Crescent, became a Stevens product around 1931 when Savage bought out Crescent and merged it into Stevens, which it already owned. So, they are separate companies or all one company, depending on exactly what year it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.