Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a Weaver type scope mount that I can mount on my 500 that will accomodate a BSA red-dot scope? I have purchased a Weaver type 417M type but the BSA red-dot scope will not fit. Not enough notches/grooves milled in the mount. I guess I could mill more notches in the 417 mount but I would prefer to have one that will work on any type of red-dot scope. I always start out with an in-expensive scope and then graduate up if the red-dot scope works out okay. I did this with my Ruger Mark II target pistol. I got a B-Square scope mount and mounted a BSA red-dot scope and it worked fine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes the convert-a-mount does the trick. I got one designed for the 500, it fits the Maverick88.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
LOL
It is ugly I'll admit, but if memory serves, 20$ at WalMart and it 'bolts' right up.

Not sure if 'a convoluted nightmare' describes a side plate and a see-under detachable rail.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just installed the MesaTactical one on my shot gun (make sure you get the low/standard height, unless you're running their high-tube stock). The piece is well made, comes with all the parts you need, fits snugly to the receiver, and does the job. I mounted some optics from other guns on it just for kicks, to check out the fit. They all were snug as a bug. Just waiting to figure out if I want the C-more or drop the $ for the Eotech... But yeah, my vote is for the Mesa Tactical one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.